Who we are & what we do
Established in 1972, the Woodland trust is the UK’s leading woodland conservation charity. We create, protect and restore woodlands through lobbying, acquisition and working in partnership with others.
Our vision is UK rich in native woods and trees enjoyed and valued by everyone.
- There should be at least twice as much native tree cover in the UK
- There should be no further loss of any ancient woodland
- Every child should have a chance to plant a tree
- There should be a wood with open access close to everyone’s home
- Everyone should recognise that trees and woods are part of a healthy environment
Our aims are
- To enable the creation of more native woods and places rich in trees
- To protect native woods, trees and wildlife for the future
- To inspire everyone to enjoy and value woods and trees
Further detail on our history, governance and plans can be found at:
For further information on the Woodland Trust, our aims and our values please visit www.woodlandtrust.org.uk